Hale & True Cider Co. is looking for a fellow cider lover to join our team as the taproom manager of our cidery’s taproom. The taproom manager will be a key member of our team, handling day-to-day operations of the taproom and staff, and must be willing to be flexible to the needs of the cidery.
Hale & True wants to make better cider the standard, and is setting out to demonstrate its complexity and diverse possibilities. Our cider is made from fresh Pennsylvania apple juice, fermented dry, often with the addition of hops or other fruit.
Opening early 2018 in Bella Vista, our taproom will seat 50 and serve cider made on-site as well as other local beer, cider, wine, spirits, and light food. With the vision of elevating tasting room expectations, the space will be comfortable yet polished, and will complement the well-loved restaurants and exciting growth of the neighborhood.
The taproom manager will lead the taproom operations, working closely with owners and other staff to ensure the best possible customer experience for those visiting Hale & True. The ideal candidate loves cider (cider making or brewing experience is a bonus but not required), is extremely organized, detail-oriented, responsible and hardworking.
The taproom manager should have a genuine desire to provide an exceptional experience for guests, and to create an enjoyable and supportive environment for both customers and fellow team members. They should be self-motivated, driven to learn and grow. They pride themselves on being strong communicators and problem solvers. They should be enthusiastic about educating others on craft cider, the cider-making process, and the uniqueness of what Hale & True offers.
Hale & True offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience, and will additionally offer the opportunity to tend bar for tipped wages. This is a full-time position, requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week, while still allowing for a flexible schedule. The taproom will be open Wednesday through Friday 4pm to 12am, Saturday and Sunday 12pm to 12am.
• Provides leadership ensuring that Hale & True delivers unparalleled hospitality and excellence to its guests.
• Will oversee all quality, guest service and profitability of the taproom in the front of the house.
• Ensure that all personnel and systems function efficiently so that guests’ expectations are exceeded, the business achieves budgeted profit levels, and employee morale is maintained.
• Oversees and coordinates the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, product quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
• Manages and operates all aspects of the taproom and property on a daily basis, ensuring that all guests receive an experience in accordance with service standards.
• Works intensively with ownership for reporting and implementation of standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for working with all staff to achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, cleanliness through training and creating a positive work environment.
• Manage inventory and ordering for food and beverage in coordination with ownership.
• Coordinating and overseeing all special events hosted for the taproom.
• Participate in cider development program for Hale & True product line.
• Participate in strategic planning and development of on and off site opportunities for the taproom and distribution arm.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a bartender, server, or manager in a restaurant environment.
• Strong interest in cider.
• Willingness to become a Certified Cider Professional.
• Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage, and motivate a team.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and stay cool under pressure.
• Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies.
• Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to stand and move during the length of shift, move kegs, and carry other supplies.
• Ability to operate draft system.
Compensation to be determined based on candidate qualifications and experience, will include base salary, opportunity to tend bar or serve for tipped wages, paid vacation and bonus incentives based on individual and company performance.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.